STUDY PROGRAM TITLE: Master academic studies physical education and sport
STUDY PROGRAM TYPE: mater academic, second cycle studies
DEGREE AWARDED: Degree awarded to graduates upon the completion of the study program is a Master teacher of physical education and sport
STUDY PROGRAM STRUCTURE: The study program has defined lists of compulsory (5 courses) and elective (3 courses out of 9 offered courses in 3 elective groups) courses with outline contents and description for each of them.
STUDY PROGRAM LENGTH: Education for acquiring the professional title of a Master teacher of physical education and sport lasts 1 academic school year (two semesters) with a total volume of 60 ECTS credits.
STUDY PROGRAM PURPOSE: The purpose of the study program Master academic studies physical education and sport- is to enable master teachers of physical education and sports to be educated to competently and independently perform work in the field of physical education, sports and recreation, to independently or under mentorship participate in projects of scientific and professional research in the field of physical education and sports and other projects in which physical activities are research topics. The purpose of the study program is also to train master teachers to work on their individual training, which includes the possibility of individual education by enrolling in doctoral studies and gaining the academic title of doctor of science in sports, physical education and recreation. In this way, the study program develops competencies that contribute to the development of physical education and sports and are therefore socially justified and useful, which is in line with the basic task of the Faculty (to educate highly professional staff in the field of physical education, sports and recreation), as well as with other basic and special tasks and goals of the Faculty.
STUDY PROGRAM GOALS: Study program Master academic studies physical education and sport goal is to form a competent and independent expert, in accordance with modern trends in education in the world related to the processes on which modern schooling is based, and they arise from the needs for education and training of personnel in the field of physical education and sports at a higher level in accordance with the achievements of science and profession in the country and abroad. The goal of the study program is to provide scientific and professional staff in the field of physical education and sports.
The objectives of the study program Master academic studies physical education and sportare more closely defined and determined within the specifications of individual courses within the study program and are aligned with the basic and special tasks and objectives of the Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Niš.
Goals are clearly formulated as follows:
- Enabling students to successfully master the contents of the courses of the second level of academic studies in order to successfully complete the final (master) thesis and obtain a masters degree in physical education and sports.
- Building the basis for continuous scientific, professional and vocational education.
- Formation of an adequate knowledge base, which will be the basis for enrollment in doctoral studies for acquiring the academic title of Doctor of Science in the scientific field of physical education and sports.
- Training to use the results of scientific research as well as to be individually involved in projects for scientific research in the field of physical activities.
- Informing students about the necessary quality knowledge and experience, as necessary conditions for effective sports preparation of students and athletes
- Providing a wide range of knowledge and information, which enables training in various sports and the application of that knowledge in various forms of the educational process.
GRADUATES COMPETENCES: By completing the study program Master academic studies physical education and sport students will acquire following general competences:
- analysis and synthesis as well as prediction of different solutions to specific issues;
- mastering various methods, procedures and processes related to research;
- critical and self-critical approach to the problem and application of knowledge in practice;
- building communication skills and cooperation with the local and wider social environment,
- respect for the principles of professional ethics.
Upon the completion of the study program Master academic studies physical education and sport students will acquire the subject specific competences to:
- develop knowledge and understanding of all important elements for work in the field of physical education and sports,
- solve specific problems in the field of physical education and sports with the use of appropriate scientific methods and procedures,
- connect basic knowledge from different fields and the possibility of their application,
- monitor and apply innovations in the field of physical education and sports,
- develop specific skills necessary in professional work in the field of physical education and sports,
- use information and communication technologies for mastering knowledge in the field of physical education and sports.
Upon completion of the study program Master academic studies physical education and sport students acquire the competencies of a Master teacher of physical education and sport for:
- application of specific knowledge and skills in the teaching of physical education in school institutions;
- application of knowledge and skills in the teaching of physical education through the application of specific training methods and the application of sport in the educational process;
- organization and professional work in sports sections of the school, including training and competition of pupils in various sports;
- application of knowledge in the development of scientific and professional achievements in sports;
- continuing education in doctoral studies;
- use of scientific research results and acquired scientific information.
CONDITION FOR ENROLLMENT: The condition for enrollment in the first year of Master academic studies physical education and sport- is the completion of basic academic studies, acquired 240 ECTS, and a corresponding success.